Kevin grew up in Baton Rouge and attended the University of Southwestern Louisiana (now University of Louisiana at Lafayette). In 1987, he graduated with honors with a Bachelor of Arts in English.
Kevin was awarded his Juris Doctorate from the Loyola University School of Law in New Orleans in 1992. He practiced law in New Orleans, primarily representing individuals and their families to recover damages for injuries.
In addition, Kevin prosecuted consumer class action cases and handled various commercial and construction litigation matters. Kevin also served as referral counsel for the NFL Players Association, representing New Orleans Saints players, as well as other professional athletes.
Since joining Cox, Cox, Filo, Camel & Wilson in 1996, Kevin has obtained millions of dollars in damages for clients injured in automobile, maritime, Jones Act, and on-the-job accidents. Kevin also handles commercial and construction litigation and oilfield contamination cases.
Kevin has received an AV Preeminent rating from Martindale Hubbell, for his legal ability and ethical standards. He has made presentations concerning his areas of practice for continued legal education programs.
Kevin is married to Lake Charles native Angela King, and they have a son, Carey, and a daughter, Chloe. His family is active in the faith community of the Our Lady of Heaven Catholic Church. Kevin and Angie support the arts and humanities in Lake Charles, as well as various other philanthropic causes, including the McNeese Banners Series, the Lake Charles Symphony, and the Imperial Calcasieu Museum. Kevin served on the Board of Trustees for Bishop Noland Episcopal Day School from 2003 to 2018, serving as Chairman for two terms and facilitating the development and construction of a new middle school/high school campus.
Areas of Practice
- 90% Plaintiff Personal Injury
- 10% Commercial Litigation
- First Party Hurricane Insurance Claims for Property Owners
- Louisiana, 1992
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Louisiana, 1992
- U.S. District Court Western District of Louisiana, 1992
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Louisiana, 1992
- U.S. Court of Appeals 5th Circuit, 1993
- 100% of Practice Devoted to Litigation
Honors and Award
Top Lawyers of Acadiana Antitrust Law- 2014, 2015
Top Lawyers of Acadiana Personal Injury Litigation-2015
Acadiana Top Lawyers 2015-2019
LAJ Board of Governors 2011-2021
Martindale Hubbell AV Preeminent
- Loyola University New Orleans School of Law, New Orleans, Louisiana
J.D. – 1992
- University of Southwestern Louisiana, Lafayette, Louisiana
B.A. cum laude – 1987
Fraternities / Sororities
- Pi Kappa Alpha, Chapter President
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Louisiana Association of Justice, Board of Governors, 2011 – 2013
- Southwest Louisiana Bar Association, 1995 – Present
- American Association for Justice, Member
- American Bar Association, Member
Contact Us Today
A law firm rooted in plaintiffs’ rights: Cox, Cox, Filo, Camel & Wilson L.L.C. of Lake Charles, Louisiana.